Friday, May 26, 2006

 

The Truth About Starting Anything New…


Last week we talked about the four ways people approach a new skill or project. We saw how most fail, and really only one type of person ultimately succeeds. We also looked at how the success curve is far from a straight line. Many times you’ll work long hours with no apparent progress. Only after long periods will you see a quick burst of progress, followed by another long plateau.

I didn’t make this stuff up. In fact, I read it in a book. Mastery by George Leonard (Aff) talks about this very subject. I read lots of books, but this is the best I’ve read in a long time. If you want a good read, pick up it up at your local bookstore. It will give you a stronger understanding of why success in anything takes such a long time. You’ll gain a stronger understanding of success as a journey. Not a climatic scene like TV is constantly portraying.

George gets deep into these ideas. On this blog I’ve only touched on them. From reading the book, you get the impression he is a very disciplined guy. I personally recommend this book.


If you enjoyed this article Subscribe to my RSS Feed
 Post to Del.icio.us Account Bookmark this page on del.icio.us
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?