Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

Day Two of the Million-Dollar Savings Club

This post is an update to the Million Dollar Savings Club. If you are not familiar with this club, you can learn more by reading my post describing it.

I thought I’d write this post saying how easy it is save $1 per day in 3 separate piles. But that’s already not proving to be the case. Here we are at day two and I already ran into a problem.

Last night, before I went to bed I saw (on my night-stand) my 3 piles of money: Savings, Investing, and Giveaway. I thought to myself “Oh yeah, I have to put another $1 in each pile”. Can you imagine my surprise when I looked in my wallet to find only 2 $1 bills? That’s right. I somehow spent all of my singles in the last two days! I had a $5 bill so I put that in the investing pile.

I will use it as ‘collateral’ with myself when I get some more singles today.

Saving $3 per day seems so easy to do. But, if you don’t keep a steady supply of singles in your wallet, being in ‘the club’ gets really hard.

TIP: Remember to keep a lot of singles on hand. By putting $3 daily into your savings fund, they’ll disappear quickly.

As of today I have:

Savings $2
Investing $6 ($4 will be returned tonight)
Give-Away: $2


If you enjoyed this article Subscribe to my RSS Feed
 Post to Del.icio.us Account Bookmark this page on del.icio.us
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?