Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

Counting Cold Hard Cash


This post is an update to the Million Dollar Savings Club. If you are not familiar with this club, you can learn more by reading my post describing it.

Last night I decided to count each pile of money. You know what? There was much more there than I thought. Yes, you can sit there and say, “Bryan it’s day 36, you should have $36 in each pile”. This is true, but to actually see that much money sitting in front of your face is different.

You have to think about it. This money seemingly came from nowhere. True we had to build the habit of saving a dollar a day. But honestly it really should be something you’re doing now without thinking about.

Then you turn around one day and start counting all that cash. Twenties, tens, and fives all start appearing from your pile. You probably won’t even remember putting them in there. Seriously, you should have over $100 among the 3 piles now. That’s a lot of money for skipping a few StarBucks coffees.

Remember what we’re learning here: You really need to see the money build up first hand before you can talk yourself into bigger commitments. We will get into that soon I promise. We will have a plan to really have a million dollars. We’re taking baby steps now.

Here are some pictures of my money piles:

Investing



Savings

Give-away



Even if you’re just starting out, you can read my previous posts and play along. The first few days are the hardest. I promise you that. Drop me an email with how much you have in each pile. Include a picture if you want and I’ll post it on this blog.

Enjoy counting your cash. You’re doing the right thing. Your life will only improve as these piles of money get larger and larger each and every day.


If you enjoyed this article Subscribe to my RSS Feed
 Post to Del.icio.us Account Bookmark this page on del.icio.us
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?