Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

Day 51: Million Dollar Savings Club

This post is an update to the Million Dollar Savings Club. If you are not familiar with this club, you can learn more by reading my post describing it.

Travis Wright writes:

So, I have now arrived at day 30. I put $1 in each of the three piles each
morning when I first wake up. One in a savings pile, one in an investing pile
and one in a charity/give away pile. I now have $90 dollars sitting on the
dresser. Each pile consists mostly of ones, with the savings pile and investing
pile having one five in it. The charity pile is all ones, and the stacks are
growing quite nicely.

I actually went to the bank this week and got $50
worth of ones from the teller so that I will have enough for 2 weeks worth of
savings. The power of this project is magnificent, each day, I start out on the
right foot by SAVING money. Not handing it to Starbucks for a glorified cup of
coffee, or giving it to a fast food joint. I’m starting my day by putting money
in three stacks and watching them grow.


I like how Travis starts his day out by saving money. It’s brilliant because no matter what happens during your day you’ll always know you have more money than you did yesterday. As I’ve been saying in a previous post, seeing these piles build up is truly amazing. You have to try it for yourself!

If you have not joined the Million Dollar Savings club, why not make that first commitment? Why not pay yourself first right when you get out of bed in the morning? It’s a great way to start the day!


If you enjoyed this article Subscribe to my RSS Feed
 Post to Del.icio.us Account Bookmark this page on del.icio.us
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?